Thursday, December 4, 2008

tilt

I am taking a cue from Gala Darling and am going to try to post TILT entries. For those of you who have never seen Gala's site (how you have been missing out!), it's called iCiNG. TILT is "Things I Love Thursday." When it's so easy to get distracted by either the nonsense small things or the nonsense big things, it's important to remember the things you love. Although I try to be thankful every day, putting it in writing really makes me think about what it is that keeps me going every day.

  1. My boyfriend. Maybe a given, but I often take him for granted. He is the one that gets the short end of my day, and it's not fair so I am trying to do better. It's easy to fall into a rut where he only gets the leftover energy at the end of the day, which is so often bad energy, and he is so deserving of more. This is why they say it takes work to keep a relationship. Honorable mention to him also for eating my (often experimental) vegan dishes without any bias, and actually requesting repeats!

  2. Holiday crafts. I've never been especially festive or keen on doing a lot of decorating. This year I feel differently, and will be making some of these guys for display in both seasonal and non-seasonal colours.

  3. Weleda. I have been using their Skin Food for the extra-dry spots on my hands (they don't respond well to winter) and just picked up their Sea Buckthorn Hand Cream. Such pretty smells! To me they smell healthy and clean. Plus the Sea Buckthorn Hand Cream doesn't leave greasy fingerprints on my keyboard (a big issue).

    I just noticed that the website says that Skin Food is an all-over cream. For me it is a little too greasy so I just put it on the spots where my skin is red and chapped.

  4. Bigelow Cinnamint Mentha Lip Shine. Seriously fantastic.

  5. Crisp fall/winter air. Every year it's so disheartening when the days get shorter and it's dark well before leaving work, however my secret favourite thing is the feeling of the air when the seasons change from summer to fall and then again from fall to winter.

  6. Mason jars. So timeless and chic! I use them for absolutely everything, from storing leftovers to carrying smoothies to keeping bathroom goodies organized. The wide-mouth ones are my favourite. You can buy them new for cheap, and if you are so inclined they are very easily embellished.

  7. Eyeliner. Thanks to the always lovely Janis, I found myself with a DuWop EyeCatcher pencil. At first I only used it for special occasions, but it's slowly become part of my everyday morning routine. Secret: I use the one for brown eyes, even though my eyes are blue, which was not intentional however I love the office-appropriate drama it creates!

  8. Menswear for women. Annie Hall is the cultural benchmark, and I love how this look can be updated with different silhouettes. I'm slowly moving towards a work uniform of sorts, and the menswear shirt with trousers is a strong frontrunner. Add a vest in the spring/fall, and a pullover or cardigan when temperatures are cooler. Librarian chic is also a possibility, however I really am partial to a good trouser and the librarian chic does best with a skirt I think.

No comments: